Sunday, January 21, 2007

Desires...

I long for Jesus' return, "my soul is crushed with longing," Psalm 119:20. I hope for the full revelation. The word desire stresses the strength of feeling and often implies strong intention or aim. I desire Him. I desire to know Him and be fully known. I feel overwhelmed with His love and His presence. When I look at Him, just for an instant, I am ....lost for words. I am nervous and I sometimes think it is too good to be true. But it is true, He is real, Jesus is coming back. For a pure, spotless, aching, fasting, hungry, beautiful, unified, bride.
Are my desires His desires? Am I fasting, for the bridgework's return? "The attendants of the bridegroom cannot mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them, can they? But the days will come when the bridegroom is taken away form the them, and then they will fast," Matthew 9:15. Jesus says "they will fast". Oh, he expects us to be so filled with desire for Him and the Spirit that we would empty our earthly bodies and cry out for us to be filled with Him. I WANT YOU JESUS! COME BRIDEGROOM! PREPARE YOUR BRIDE! "I know that your judgments are righteous," Psalm 119:75. Come! Give us grace to fast, Let us not be consumed and choked by the spirit of this world, but let us be consumed by Your Holy Spirit!! "For our God is a consuming Fire." Hebrews 12: 29. CONSUME ME!
Even more than my aching, longing or desire; " I am my beloved's and His desire is for me" Song of Songs 7:10. Jesus desires us more than anyone has ever desired or had a longing. He has strong intentions towards us. He intends to captivate us by His love.
Empty yourselves for "He has filled the hungry with good things but has sent the rich away empty," Luke 1:53. Let me be hungry for the Spirit and not rich with the pleasures for this world.

No comments: